The successful candidate will be responsible for the operational control of designated construction projects in support of the Site Manager. Correctly setting out the works in accordance with the requirements of the Contract, ensuring work can proceed in accordance with the programme.
The successful candidate will be required to;
- Ensure continued compliance with the Company’s Quality System procedures and maintain appropriate records.
- Ensure that the Group Health & Safety Policy is fully implemented on site and that the requirements of the site specific Construction Phase Safety Plan is adhered to, maintaining records in accordance with relevant legislation, issue permits to work - digging - loading - entering confined spaces.
- Conduct site inductions for new starters and perform regular toolbox talks and maintain records.
- Ensure comprehensive method statements are prepared and transmitted to the workforce.
- Ensure all site staff, operatives and contractors are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that all operations are carried out safely to current health and safety standards, and promote safety awareness in all staff, employees, sub-contractors and plant operators.
- Technical and engineering management of site activities, ensuring accurate compliance with contract specification, drawings and relevant standards and maintain as built drawings of the works.
- Be aware of tender allowances with a view to ensuring financial success of a project.
- Ensure the completion of short term programming, monitoring the progress of a project, highlighting reasons for delays and disruption.
- Coordinate the setting out of building structures, civil engineering and infrastructure works, e.g. roads, bridges, drainage, utilities services, ensuring compliance with designers’ drawings and specification and coordinates.
- Coordinate and control the ordering of plant and materials and the activities of subcontractors together with direct labour, monitor quality and minimise waste.
- Conduct employee appraisals and, in close liaison with Contracts Managers, co-ordinate the developmentof Site Operatives, Plant Operatives and certain Site Staff, encourage their personal development and selfmotivation.
- Maintain communication with existing clients, ensuring resolution of problems as they arise with a view to securing future works.
- Maintaining positive relations with the general public, client and all other persons affected by the Company’s activities.
- Attend and contribute to project management meetings.
- Prepare and produce reports and information as requested by the Contracts Manager or Site Manger.
The remuneration and benefits package will be commensurate with the successful applicant's experience.
Further information is available by email from Heather Davies, HR Director:
Apply by uploading your CV through our website. CV's received via direct email may not be considered due to auditing processes.